Monday, March 14, 2011

Capture the Moment

When I got my new DSLR camera for my birthday this past November, I was really excited!  I had been taking pictures with a second-hand Point & Shoot (Fuji FinePix) that I bought from my friend Kristin.  She is the creative genius behind KristinRogersPhotography.com.  

She's amazing, right!  

Let me assure you, I definitely got my money's worth out of that camera...by the time I was done with it, it was being held together with rubber bands and duct tape (not joking)!  I took a TON of cool pictures with it & really enjoyed a whole new world with the macro lens.

Project 365...one of my favorite shots with my trusty point & shoot using a macro lens.
So when I finally got my hot little hands on the new camera, I knew I wanted to make a cover for the strap...something scrappy & fun!  I whipped up this one & was really happy with the way it turned out.  I mixed a bunch of my favorite prints & backed it with plush zebra minky...oh yeah!


It's really comfortable to wear & I've received a lot of compliments on it, so I decided to make another one for my Etsy shop - you can find it here:


This one measures aprox. 24" long & 1.75" wide & fits most standard straps.  It is designed to slip over your original camera strap...strap NOT included.  Please measure your strap before purchase and let me know if you need a different size.  =)


Photography has been a really fun adventure for me and my neighbors can attest to the fact that I can usually be seen with a camera around my neck!  I wear it all the time, stopping to shoot anything that catches my eye.  I love looking back at the pictures I've taken & recalling how I felt or what was going on at the time.  It is another way for me to express myself...by capturing the moment, the details, the simple & complex.

So for all you photography enthusiasts out there, pick up your camera, seize the moment & get shooting! 

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  -Ansel Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...tell me what you think! =)