Thursday, February 17, 2011

the ANTS go Marching One by One!




This little snack was a big hit with my girls and I thought I'd share it with you!  <3

  • celery stick, washed & trimmed
  • peanut butter
  • ants...we used the brown sprinkles but feel free to use whatever you have in your pantry or fridge.  (nuts, raisins,  grapes, cheese bits...etc)
Homeschooling Opportunity...make it FUN!
Let your little ones put the "ants" on the log (fine motor skills)...count them, ask them what color they are...get them talking!  Ava suggested that we try jelly on it next time...I think that is a great idea!
Take a picture of your snack and make a sketch of it for your journal.  Write the words "celery", "ants on a log" in your journal.

What else can you think of to put on these?  Do you have an easy, fun & nutritious snacks to share with me...I can use all the help I can get! 





...she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...tell me what you think! =)