Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Little Americans & Finished Pot Holder too!

Today was an amazing historical day! I was really excited to watch Barack Obama's inauguration & tuned in at 6 AM! Not by choice...my little Ava girl decided to wake up & wasn't persuaded to go back to sleep.

Anyhow, I was very moved & a bit emotional watching history unfold before my eyes. My girls were running around the house for the most part (they must've known I was preoccupied) and occasionally stopped to see what mommy what hoot'n & holler'n about. I swear, I felt pumped up, like when I'm watching a live football game or something! Woo-hoo! I snapped this pic before they continued romping about. This is my Project 365 pic for today...I wanted it to be Obama related!

In all my excitement, I managed to finish my pot holder. The binding was tricky & I had to rip it out on my first try. I don't know if I did it right, but I like how it turned out. After ripping out the stitches, I decided to play it safe & baste it before sewing on the machine. I have concluded that it is worth the extra time & effort to hand baste!

Yaaay - all finished!


Now to make the other 2 that are already cut & ready to be sewn. I wanted to make one first, before jumping into the other 2 in case I messed it up.

Finally, I took the girls for a walk with the limo (that's what I call my double stroller...it's so loooong) around 4:30ish & I just loved the way the clouds looked. I even managed to catch a decent pic of some birds in flight. They were really far away, so I'm glad the pic actually turned out.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments...tell me what you think! =)